New Album for 2022
New Half Man Half Biscuit album release – The Voltarol Years – official release date 25 February 2022. All the news, track listing and chat here.
- Revised date • Gala Theatre, Durham, 29 April 2022 • Tickets
- Cardiff University Students Union, Cardiff – 13 May 2022 • Tickets
- Revised date • Leeds University Union, Leeds – 10 June 2022 • Tickets
- The Peak Cavern (Devil’s Arse Cave), Hope Valley – 19 August 2022 • Tickets
- Revised date • O2 Institute, Birmingham, 16 September 2022 • Tickets
- Revised date • Winter Gardens, Blackpool, 7 October 2022 • Tickets
- Adrian Flux Waterfront, Norwich, 11 November 2022 • Tickets
- Tower Ballroom, Hull, 16 December 2022 • Tickets
- Electric Ballroom, Camden, London, 20 January 2023 • Tickets
New Song – Frequent Electric Trains
September 2021: Half Man Half Biscuit have contributed a song to the Left Bank Soundtrack animated music walk of Birkenhead in 2021. Frequent Electric Trains appears at the Hamilton Square stop on the walk and we’ve declared it as Song Number 206 in the songbook. More here.
Geoff Davies retires – band to release records themselves
July 2021: The Probe Plus website has announced that “after 40 years, 76 albums and 36 singles on the Probe Plus label, Geoff Davies has finally retired. Probe Plus is no longer signing new artists or releasing any further records, however, all the titles that are still in press are fully available to buy from our online store.”
There have been numerous good wishes to Geoff posted online, including this one from Paddy Shennan and this one from Nige Tassell, both of which link to articles about Geoff’s record retailing career in their respective Twitter threads.
Paddy adds: “I’ve just been talking about him to Nigel (Blackwell), who confirmed HMHB will now be putting out their own records.” More news when we get it, although we’ll probably be the 57th to know.